- Be a Junior or Senior
- Have a GPA/GPR of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale
- Be recommended by three or more instructors
- Submit an essay on why one wants to be in the class
- Participate in an interview
- Agree to provide data for program evaluation via a brief pre- and post-survey.
Theme 1: Experiencing Learning
Students will identify learning needs and styles as well as gain an understanding of growth and development as it relates to diversity.
Theme 2: Experiencing the Profession
Students will learn the history and trends of education as well as the structure and governance of schooling, especially special education. Students will be able to describe the proper steps to teacher certification and explore the teacher education programs at Colorado colleges and universities.
Theme 3: Experiencing the Classroom
Students will observe teachers and prepare lessons after identifying effective teaching practices. Students will apply their instruction during an internship where they will teach in a classroom.
Contact your counselor at your local high school to sign up for the Teacher Cadet program!